September 25, 2006

Skiing in Africa?!?


My trip out to the East Coast has gone very well. I spent some quality time with my sister and her family, the highlight of which may have been playing 'Hullabaloo' with Hannah and Natalie at 10am Saturday morning with a particularly nasty hangover. Seriously though, it was really great seeing my nieces and nephew, and it's hard to believe that they'll be 5, 7, and 9 when I get back.

On another note, my brother and I were watching TV this morning and just happened to catch a spot about a SKI RESORT in Morocco! It turns out there is not just one, but TWO ski resorts in the Atlas Mountains. We both just looked at eachother in disbelief, and then immediately started making plans to check it out while I'm in Gambia. So, it appears that my fears of not skiing for 2 years may be unfounded...


Tomorrow I head to Philly for Staging, and will officially start Peace Corps training. We leave for Africa on Wednesday...only 3 more days!

No comments: